**It must be hard on the in-laws knowing they are automatically disliked for reasons they don't understand. My mother was the kindest, sweetest person who would make everyone welcome in her house, but my sister in law didn't like her, didn't want to visit nor did she ever invite mom to her house. When my nephews were young they used to say horrible things to my mom like "We don't like you, we only like our other grandma" We all knew the nastiness was coming from my sister-inlaw. Mom never could understand what she did wrong to be so disliked.
**I was always amazed (disgusted) with the unfeeling, brain dead, lack of tact people who would ask me or my wife. "Why don't you have any kids yet?" I quickly replied "After seeing your screeching brats, I realized what a bad idea it is"...Surprised the hell out of them...As if anyone has the right to ask...
**just have fun at Christmas, they are also family that we have to share beautiful moment wit. once in a year is not a big deal......
**Just marry a Jew like I did. No Thanksgiving or Christmas to worry about. Now we only have to put up with my family and I don't do thanksgiving anyhow
**My advice to visiting in-laws is "only their jokes are funny", even if you tell the same joke, it will go over like a lead balloon. Expect a "Bambi in the headlights look" from you husband when you tell him his mother said something mean to you. Just smile, and let it go! Not worth fighting over. (drink a lot......!)
**Wow!! Some of these comments make you wonder if you are welcome at anyone's house anymore. And as for the authors mother..she was trying to let his girlfriend know how much she liked her. Now, if she had said "I hope the hell he isn't going to choose you to be my daughter in law" I would have been shocked.
**I loved my in laws and wish they were still here to celebrate the holidays. They were kind, funny, complimented my cooking, and always offered to help out. I just hate these articles that make in-laws automatically horrible and painful to be around.
**Smile and keep calm...yes! My aunt/uncle would say things to all of us (family and other relatives) and we'd just keep our cool (although we wanted to do something else) and respond kindly. Thankfully we don't see them as much but they still want us to come up. Yes forgiving what they said is good. Also seeing less of them is good too. To me.
**We moved 700 miles away. We survive every holiday just fine.
**She was pregnant with your first child and you waited another fourteen months to propose to her? So, I bet mom was thrilled to have your child toddle behind her as she walked down the aisle, right?
**In-laws can't do anything right! It has been going on for years!!!!!!!!!! Grow up and realize, ONE day, you will walk in their shoes!!!!!!! The d.i.law and s.i.law liked the Parents before marriage and wanted to make an impression. So the Parents love them and YOU end up leaving the Parents and Grandparents in the dust!!! I sure don't get it!!! One day the Parents will be gone. Live on the memories, instead of y'all enjoying one another NOW. Take the time to go see them, they are the people who made you WHAT you're today. Parents never mean harm to their children, they love them. They may say things that you don't like, but don't we all??? So, ya don't hold a grudge and ignore them. The girl or son loved their spouses when they married them.....GUESS who raised them????? The IN-Laws!!!!! I hope this hits a nerve with all of you spoiled brats, that haven't lived long enough to understand, ONE day, they will be gone!!! BTW, I'm very fortunate enough to say, My D.I.Laws tell me ALLLLL the time how much they love me. One lives away and one lives near. Of course we don't agree on everything, but don't take it to heart and dislike someone for voicing their opinions or thoughts. Laughter with your in-laws is wonderful, they are still young at heart, meaning, stop being so freakin' serious about every little thing. Stop LISTENING for problems!!
**Decent people don't just invite themselves to your home. Have them call before they show up and tell them you have other plans. If they invite you to their house tell them you have other plans.
**Don't answer the door, leave before they get there, if your going to there house, just fake an ailment, Easy greasy.
**I was always amazed (disgusted) with the unfeeling, brain dead, lack of tact people who would ask me or my wife. "Why don't you have any kids yet?" I quickly replied "After seeing your screeching brats, I realized what a bad idea it is"...Surprised the hell out of them...As if anyone has the right to ask...
**just have fun at Christmas, they are also family that we have to share beautiful moment wit. once in a year is not a big deal......
**Just marry a Jew like I did. No Thanksgiving or Christmas to worry about. Now we only have to put up with my family and I don't do thanksgiving anyhow
**My advice to visiting in-laws is "only their jokes are funny", even if you tell the same joke, it will go over like a lead balloon. Expect a "Bambi in the headlights look" from you husband when you tell him his mother said something mean to you. Just smile, and let it go! Not worth fighting over. (drink a lot......!)
**Wow!! Some of these comments make you wonder if you are welcome at anyone's house anymore. And as for the authors mother..she was trying to let his girlfriend know how much she liked her. Now, if she had said "I hope the hell he isn't going to choose you to be my daughter in law" I would have been shocked.
**I loved my in laws and wish they were still here to celebrate the holidays. They were kind, funny, complimented my cooking, and always offered to help out. I just hate these articles that make in-laws automatically horrible and painful to be around.
**Smile and keep calm...yes! My aunt/uncle would say things to all of us (family and other relatives) and we'd just keep our cool (although we wanted to do something else) and respond kindly. Thankfully we don't see them as much but they still want us to come up. Yes forgiving what they said is good. Also seeing less of them is good too. To me.
**We moved 700 miles away. We survive every holiday just fine.
**She was pregnant with your first child and you waited another fourteen months to propose to her? So, I bet mom was thrilled to have your child toddle behind her as she walked down the aisle, right?
**In-laws can't do anything right! It has been going on for years!!!!!!!!!! Grow up and realize, ONE day, you will walk in their shoes!!!!!!! The d.i.law and s.i.law liked the Parents before marriage and wanted to make an impression. So the Parents love them and YOU end up leaving the Parents and Grandparents in the dust!!! I sure don't get it!!! One day the Parents will be gone. Live on the memories, instead of y'all enjoying one another NOW. Take the time to go see them, they are the people who made you WHAT you're today. Parents never mean harm to their children, they love them. They may say things that you don't like, but don't we all??? So, ya don't hold a grudge and ignore them. The girl or son loved their spouses when they married them.....GUESS who raised them????? The IN-Laws!!!!! I hope this hits a nerve with all of you spoiled brats, that haven't lived long enough to understand, ONE day, they will be gone!!! BTW, I'm very fortunate enough to say, My D.I.Laws tell me ALLLLL the time how much they love me. One lives away and one lives near. Of course we don't agree on everything, but don't take it to heart and dislike someone for voicing their opinions or thoughts. Laughter with your in-laws is wonderful, they are still young at heart, meaning, stop being so freakin' serious about every little thing. Stop LISTENING for problems!!
**Decent people don't just invite themselves to your home. Have them call before they show up and tell them you have other plans. If they invite you to their house tell them you have other plans.
**Don't answer the door, leave before they get there, if your going to there house, just fake an ailment, Easy greasy.
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment