Sunday, October 6, 2013



**The best advice I have for newlyweds was given to us by the cantor who married us, thirty years ago, when we met with him before the wedding. He told us: "You think you're in love. You're not. You satisfy certain of each other's needs. That's fine."You won't know you're in love until ten, fifteen, twenty years down the road, when you've been through some births, deaths, hospital visits, financial crises and other bumps on the road."During that thirty years, we have learned that life, like sailing, is a journey not a destination.

**I don't know about that Doug. I know I am in love with my husband and he with me. We have been married 1 1/2 years and I know what love is and experience it everyday.

**This is actually pretty good advice. I would also add that it doesn't matter how either of you fold the towels (or that you do it differently)--some people never fold towels at all. So don't fight about stupid stuff (this means arguing about how to fold towels, how to load the dishwasher, which order to do the chores in, etc). Life is too short to be so petty.---Signed, Experienced

**If you didn't know this advice before you got married, your mind was in a fairy tale state. I knew this before I got married and my marriage is awesome because I know it takes work but till death due us part does exist and will happen in our marriage.

**I've been married for about 6 months, however we bought a house and got engaged within about a 1 week window. We were engaged for about 1 year and 3 months, and I experienced so many things in your letter. He makes me happy and fulfills me, but I can not depend on him for 100% of my needs. Even though I told him to take out the trash last night, and he took it out this morning and the kitchen smells, I won't hold it aganist him. I could go on, but I have a great husband who loves me dearly, cherishes me, and would die for me. And I'm blessed to have him, and look forward to our life together.



0 comments:

Post a Comment