Sunday, October 6, 2013

**I believe in very open communication regarding finances when married, with that said I agree with one of the comments above it is nice for the engagement to be a surprise but to each their own at the end of the day it is what the couple agrees on mutually.

**How does being a total duoche bag all week long, as long as you go to church on Sunday have to do with buying and engage........., oh I'm sorry, I was thinking about going Dutch reform, yeah, just Dutch, guess that's a little different.

**If you are getting married.. prepared to go dutch with everything! you are half of a couple.. and you are responsible for your own finances.. seperately and combined.. If you want something more extravagant and he cant afford it. .He may feel slighted you are a High maintence woman.. If you cant accept him as he comes to you in marriage.. what are you going to DO LATER? If he is asking and buying accept it as his budget.. and in the future be surprised with anniversary rings or something.. Lots of women earn more.. ARe you going to pay way more for his ring.. ? Like platium or something?

**What happened to romance? People are putting way too much emphasis on the ring. When my husband and I got engaged, he was a private in the Army and we couldn't afford a diamond at all...we both just bought silver bands for the wedding ceremony. On our tenth anniversary he bought me a ring, but I was fine without one. My friend's daughter just got engaged and she told her fiance that she wouldn't "accept anything less than 1 carat!" Can you believe?! He's now taken a five-year loan to pay for her ring by the month. To me, that's not love...that's selfishness and vanity...

**We couldn't afford an engagement ring, and frankly I didn't want one. I just didn't see the point in blowing a bunch of money that could be better spent elsewhere. The actual marriage is what is most important to me. We both got nice simple wedding bands for a lovely small simple wedding.

**When we got engaged, my late mother gave my husband an heirloom diamond belonging to my grandmother, which he had set in a tiffany platinum setting....It is a small diamond, but flawless and has history...He was a student at the time and to this day I wouldn't trade my ring for one three times the size...it's the thought and the commitment, not who pays for it, or supplies it..

**If its really is love, buy a cheap 500 dollar ring, and see what she says. I have had a few friends that stated their ex-wife demanded a certain size ring or such. Told them they need to rethink. Now there spent more on a divorce lawyer then the ring. And the 1st thing the ex did was sell the ring to help pay for hers.

**Funny how many women want equality yet they stubbornly hold onto these stupid traditions that benefit them. You have a great job and making really good money, hell you might even make more than your fiance, yet you still expect him to buy you this fancy ring to show off to all your girlfriends. And let's not forget that it's probably the guy that paid most of the expenses when dating. You wanted equality ladies, it's high time you got it in EVERY aspect. You want a fancy ring, you pay half. End of discussion.



0 comments:

Post a Comment