Sunday, October 6, 2013

**So you took the photos yourself with a $100 point and shoot and it really shows. If a 3K photographer is not worth it to you, then that's completely understandable. Many want to be photographed by top professionals for their once in a lifetime event. It's worth it to them. But not spending is not quite "saving 25k". I didn't buy a Ferrari today but it doesn't mean I "saved 150k" Right?

**Small correction: You got married for pennies, and that's beautiful and effective, but that's not the same as "Saving $25k on Your Wedding". As a Bridal Consultant, I know it's perfectly possible to spend less than 25K on a wedding; this just wasn't a wedding...

**I had my wedding in my parents back yard on the patio. I got my wedding dress for $35 out of the JCPenney clearance catalog. I did have to pay $60 bucks to get it taken it...I needed a size 5, but all they had was a size 7...it was long and had a train...gorgeous dress. I made the invitations by hand on parchment paper for $20...drew wedding bells and everything on each invitation. I spent $500 on food and prepared most dishes myself, with the help of my bridesmaids...awesome Louisiana cuisine. (My parents did contribute $300 for a few catered dishes) We spent around $100 to rent extra chairs/tables and got a wedding arch thrown in for free. I spent $40 on flowers (and assembled the bouquets myself the morning of the wedding). I spent another $75 on a few simple decorations. My husband-to-be made the roses for our wedding cake, and his sister baked a 3 tier cake with the little columns and put the roses and a plastic bride/groom on the cake. Luckily, his mom had been into cake decorating for years as a hobby...and she had taught her kids how to make exquisite cakes. The local grocery store made the groom's cake. I spent another $100 on champagne for the wedding toast only...and a few bottles to bring back to the hotel. Not including the wedding rings, it was roughly $1100-$1400 for 60-75 guests. We invited 100, but some couldn't make it. We had plenty of food for everyone. The biggest savings was in not serving alcohol...other than a spiked punch. I had the time of my life. All the bridesmaids/groomsmen wound up at the after-party at the hotel...glad we saved some champagne and my mom made us a to-go platter of food!! Been married 23 wonderful years...better triple these prices for todays weddings, to allow for inflation !!!

**Getting married is no longer a "once-in-a-lifetime" event. When people tell me they are getting married, I say, "ok", let me know when you have been married for 25-40 years. THEN, I will say congratulations.

**Forget that "it's my perfect day entitlement #$%$" Half end in divorce. Have the big expensive party after you've been married for 25 years.



0 comments:

Post a Comment